Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Prezi


          I have never heard of the software Prezi up until now.  The first time I heard of it was in class.  As it was being introduced I was thinking about how it could be intergrated in an elementary school classroom interactively.  I have yet to get my creative juices flowing, I'd like to see it used in the classroom first, and I am pretty sure my creative juices will start to flow.
          However, coincidently I attended a workshop being held by the New York City deparment of Education on how to intergrate the new common core state standards in our lessons.  As the presentation unfolded I recognized the software.  What had initially called my attention was that the presentor mentioned "I hope you're not getting dizzy."  When he said that it reminded me of class, when our professors mentioned something to the fact of getting dizzy when using Prezi.  At the end of the presentation I asked it they had used Prezi (just to show off), and the responded "Yes!"
          I must say that it was fun to look at. The transitions from slide to slide were different and entertaining.  I could not help myself but to compare it to power point. 
          I have more to explore!



No comments:

Post a Comment